- Thank you for making this the most painful day of my life.
- Thank you for telling me that you love me even if you left me.
- Thank you for the days we spent together.
- Thank you for helping me realize that we were never meant for each other.
- Thank you for not having the time to realize that I am bleeding inside with pain.
- Thank you for taking ever bit of joy that I have and just leaving it in the cold and not realizing that you are already hurting people around me.
- Thank you for just not loving me.
"Here comes the kick: “It’s not you, it’s me”. I could kick myself for using that line. How original can I get? But it couldn’t be any truer. I loved everything about you but I hate everything that I am becoming because of these feelings I harbour for you. I’ve become someone who’s constantly afraid of fucking up because I just can’t imagine losing you that I have lost myself in this process of wanting to be yours.
I want to be the person who sees how the morning light touches your face while you’re still sleeping peacefully. I want to hold your hand. I want to take silent walks with you wherein we don’t even need to talk. I loved the totality of your person but I just don’t like me anymore.
I know that loss is bound to happen but I just can’t get the fear out of my head. You might think that I am departing because I don’t want to lose you. That is partly true. But really, I am leaving because I’m losing me.
I wish you the best in life. Truly, I do. Nothing would make me happier than to see you happy even if I am not a part of your happiness. Make music. Live the life you want to live. You deserve nothing less than genuine happiness. Maybe someday you’ll meet a person worthy of you. And maybe I’ll meet one worthy of me too.
Maybe someday, we’ll meet again and realize that we were always meant to be but we just met when the timing wasn’t right. Maybe we could try again. And we can finally take that walk. “
- To That Person I Fell In Love With When The Timing Was Not Just Right By Anonymous (Thoughtcatalog.com)
Because you deserve someone who is sweet and patient, who laughs at your jokes no matter how lame they are. You deserve someone who doesn’t belittle you, who lets you know when you’re wrong but tells you so kindly and not because they want to gloat. You deserve someone who sends you little jokes throughout the day because they think it’ll make you smile, and maybe even laugh. Because knowing that you’re smiling is enough to make them smile, too. You deserve someone who wants to spend time with you, who won’t hold themselves back, who takes the risk of letting you in because they think they have more to gain than they do to lose. You deserve all the cheesy little things if you want them: all the songs that make you think of them and the compliments that make you blush and the photos you have together with grins that stretch from ear to ear. You deserve someone to ask you how your day was, and who wants to hear about it and will let you complain about your boss for hours on end. You deserve the things that read like clichés, because even these were once rooted in truth.
- Him: What's your problem?!
- Her: I can't... We can't be together again.
- Him: Why? :(
- Her: Because I'm scared. I'm scared that one day, I'd wake up feeling lost and empty. I'm afraid that if I give you another chance, I'd end up being broken just like what happened several months ago. I struggled hard to move forward, away from you. I managed to live without you anymore. I faced each day with a smile, even if your last words when you left still haunts me in every nightmare. I can't bear to hear those words again... I just can't. If I give US another chance now, what assurance would I get? Can you stick with me all throughout? Can you deal with my insecurities which intensified when since you left? Can you keep all your promises? Can you love me enough to hold on to me when I keep on pushing you away? Can you assure me that you will never fall out of love again, just like what you did when you broke up with me? Can I trust you not to ever hurt me like that again?